Thursday, August 23, 2007

Talking to your brain



Hey wake up! We've got to write another article.
Give it a rest, will you?
Come on, you've got no reason to be so grumpy.
Reason? What's that?
You're so difficult to deal with sometimes.
No, I'm not.
Yes you are. I can never get you do what I want.
That's because you're always trying to control me.
But I need an idea. Now! You know I can't write without you.
You interrupted a wonderful daydream.
How am I supposed to get anything done with a better half like you?
What's to get done? Life is a process, not a product.
That's easy for you to say, up in there clouds, no contact with reality. But I have to write an article.
You want ideas, this is where they come from.
So give me an idea.
Are you listening?
Yes.
Promise to take good care of it?
Promise.
Promise to defend it against all your left-brain friends?
Promise.
Promise never to compromise it?
What do you want from me?
What do you think?
I have no idea.
Yes, you do. I just gave you one.
What?
You weren't writing it down?
Come on. Talking to yourself is bad enough, but writing it down, that's...

That's what?
...not a bad idea!
You're welcome.

No comments: